Could you hear me singing the title to the tune of Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA"? Yeah, I know I'm weird. I arrived home safely from Beijing after 2am on July 24, and I am still adjusting to the time zone (12 hour difference) and American diet (less oil, more nutrients to process). I won't share the details, but truth be told, my body is having a very hard time with the transition. Ironically, I was so worried about sanitation and getting sick in China, but my health was not really an issue until I returned home!
Facebook and Blogspot were both blocked in China, so I was not able to update as planned. Instead, I kept a journal and I hope to post it here soon with some of my favorite photos. It is hard to believe that a week ago I was climbing, walking, skipping, twirling, and dancing on the Great Wall of China. Jenny and I had an experience of a lifetime, and I'm excited to share more thoughts later. I just wish Jon could have been there to share it with us, and I'm so happy to be home with him now. I really hope Jon and I can take a little vacation together before the summer is over (and boy, it's going quickly!)
some of us are dying here for another blog post please. :) miss you!!!!
ReplyDelete