Wednesday, July 1, 2009

11:30pm and just started packing!

Ok, perhaps I should clarify. For over a week, I've been setting aside clothing in a laundry hamper, and making piles of books and toiletries. I need to be at the airport at 6am to check-in and I'm debating whether to stay up all night so that I will be able to sleep during the 18+ hours that will be spent in a plane or airport.

It is 11:30pm the eve before departure, and I've just started going through the piles of stuff that I was thinking of packing. I have three piles now going: "Pack, Maybe, Leave Home." But the good news: I've just completed the first layer of my suitcase. The layer that fits perfectly behind a nylon sheet; the "now you see it, now you don't" section. And here it is:
What's that in the photo? Yes, folks that's a layer of Rice Krispies Treats. Finally I found something made in the USA, in the state of Michigan. So here I come China: prepare to experience how Americans like their rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment