Thursday, January 12, 2012

Updating the blog...finally!


Happy New Year! Here we are on New Years Eve after going out to dinner at TGI Fridays and changing into our PJs. Wild and crazy, I know. Kira stayed up until 9pm and Jon and I both actually made it past midnight!

In 2012, I am making one resolution: to write for pleasure and to share more of it. I am going to start by going back to 2011 and documenting at least one photo or story for each month from our first year with Kira. I have kept little notes and taken many photos (mostly on my iPhone) almost every day, and I think I would feel like a better mother if I wrote more about this amazing journey into parenthood before I forget!

So if you actually read this and were wondering, "Hey... where did all this stuff dated in 2011 come from? I don't remember any of this being here..." you are absolutely right: I didn't, and I've missed writing, and now I'm going to make up for it. :)

If I can go back in time to capture the memories, maybe next I'll be inspired to create a baby book and then finally create our wedding album. :)




2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I can hardly wait to see all the updates :) I think that is a fantastic resolution! (I love, by the way, your updated "I'm currently reading..."...hilarious). It was so great Skyping with you guys today! I really love it here, but Skyping with you makes me really miss home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I love the new lilypie ticker, too. Cute!

    ReplyDelete