Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks in Frederick

Happy 4th of July! This year, I bought my first fireworks. Since they are legal in Frederick County, I was able to buy them at Target. I was pretty psyched until I got to the checkout line and got carded. Seriously? I don't look old enough to buy fireworks?

Since we have not unpacked as much as we hoped, we did not have a big party. However, we had a great time with Jenny, Greg, Dawn and Chris the entire day. We enjoyed the afternoon on the screened-in porch, and topped off the evening by setting off fireworks in the backyard, along with many other neighbors. It really was an awesome night, and as I looked around and could see 3 firework displays (plus ours) I like to think of it as a "Welcome to the neighborhood" celebration. Now, Jon's vowing to buy bigger fireworks next year to compete with the neighbors. =) I guess we will have to have a big party at our house next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment