Tuesday, December 15, 2009

First NFL Game

Here we are, warm and cozy in our Redskins gear. December 6 was a chilly day, but definitely worth bundling up to see our first NFL game together. It had been almost ten years since I attended a couple Pro Football games in college. Jon has only been to a few himself, so it was great to surprise him with an early Christmas gift!

Before the game we met a hilarious older couple tailgating next to us.
They shared their mutual hatred of Dan Snyder with us and the lady revealed her way of sneaking booze into the stadium to "stick it to him." Since they apparently charge $11 for Jack Daniels inside, she bought the same size bottles at the store and made velcro holders that she wraps around her legs! She said she has to waddle a little bit, but it is worth it. Funny the things people will do to have alcohol at a game!








Here we are in our great endzone seats, thanks to a co-worker.
Redskins were leading for most of the first half, and now the game is tied up. And these photos prove that the Redskins were winning in the 4th quarter, but blew it in overtime.









I still can't believe we almost got to see the Redskins beat the Saints.
Even with the sad season the Skins had, I'm happy we got to go to this game and see the future Superbowl Champs! I heart Drew Brees...but not as much as Jon, of course!

Hope the Redskins have better luck next season!
And if anyone has tickets, let us know. We would love to go again and cheer for our team, win or lose!

1 comment:

  1. I love your story about the older lady...in many years, you, too can impart such wisdom to every worthy young lass you see.

    ReplyDelete